Richard

PastimeWorkshop.com
๐Ÿช‘ ๐Ÿค–
Full-time woodworking hobbyist. Retired, built a shop and now doing something I truly enjoy.

Looking for someone to do 3d printing

๐Ÿช‘ ๐Ÿค–
Hey everyone, I have a friend who need some fairly small piece made for a model he is putting together. I have a pdf scan of the basic pieces but not a 3d digital sketch. My friend will ne 50 pieces.

If anyone is interested in doing this project, please respond and we'll figure out how to get in contact directly.

Thanks,
Richard

Trouble Un-Archiving Project

๐Ÿช‘ ๐Ÿค–
Hope someone can help. I was testing out the project archive function of Fusion. After reading the help system documentation on the process I felt confident I could feel same trying it out. Hasn't worked out that way.

I took a small project folder of little value and went through the archive process. So not I want to un-archive the project. But I can't find the option to do that. Based on what I read it is suppose to be in the pull down menu where ALL PROJECTS is, it's not. All I have in the option is ALL, PINNED, OWNED and SHARED. So the documentation talks about an alternative of the Administration panel, can't find that either.

Please help and be specific where I find the option to un-archive.

Thanks,
Richard

Trouble with Constraints

๐Ÿช‘ ๐Ÿค–
I have been using Fusion now for about 2 months and have designed a half-dozen items. However, I still cannot get the hang of constraints so that all of the sketch lines turn black, mine are always blue. This is frustrating. Somewhere I'm missing something. One of the other issues is when I try adding constraints I generally get a message telling that I will over constrain the model. Again frustrating.

Would it be possible to get a good lesson that will give a full how-to on using constraints.

Resent announcement from AutoCad

๐Ÿช‘ ๐Ÿค–
I read the recent announcement from AutoCAD that they were going to start limiting what can be done in Fusion 360 Free edition. My question is how is this going to affect those of use who use the free edition? One of the biggest things to me was no access to addin modules. I use the addon JoinerCAD to get a decent cut list that I can then import into CutList Plus to get my layouts. If I understand correctly from the announcement I will lose my access to JoinerCAD that I paid for if I don't. The other thing was limiting us to only being able to print no other ways to get the data out of the program (no exports).ย  I'm sure I'm not the only one who will be drastically affected. I don't have a CNC but even that is going away.ย 

How can you help train us free users to get the most out of Fusion under the new limitations?ย  What about a focused course on doing cutlists and cut layouts?ย 

Thank you for all you have done for us trainees so far. Personally because I just learned to do some basic designs I don't want to have to move to another CAD program because of the new limits.ย 

Thanks

Richard here, look forward to a great experience with this community.

๐Ÿช‘ ๐Ÿค–